09 January 2010

michelin 2010 san francisco bib restaurant guide, redux


Hi 2010, now where is my HAL 9000 I was sci-fi-promised!?  HAL: "The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."

Why the redux?
So I remember in 1992 thinking, why do some people think html is difficult? Later that decade, I recall seeing the first copy of html for dummies (and screaming in agony).  I think that might have been the reference manual the coders at michelin.com still use - or they might just be using Microsoft Word 1997's "Publish as a Complete Web page" to do their famously anonymous site.  View source.

What is a bib?
A Bib Gourmand rating means the restaurant is an inspector's favorite for good value. For $40 or less, you can enjoy two courses and a glass of wine or dessert (not including tax and gratuity).

San Francisco 2010 Bib Gourmand Restaurants (the filterable, ad-free redux)





also, I like this guy: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

firstly, thanks in advance for your comment - I don't get very many, so I'm sure to follow up if you leave me a way - secondly, come again.